Friday, January 24, 2014

When becoming a disturber and annoyer is a good thing... I am all in!

I am a red head. Or in otherwise know as a ginger. Let's just say that I have a bit of a temper and I am very nosy. I have been called annoying in my past and maybe a little in my present as well! I remember when I was a little girl I would always tag along with my sister. In fact, when we would play card games with her friends, we would all cheat just so she wouldn't win. I was a typical little sister. Back then being annoying was classified as a bad thing. What I read today however says otherwise! I was reading in the Joseph Smith History where he says,
"it seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?" (JSH 1:20)
 Becoming an annoyer and disturber is a good thing! If, of course, it is towards the proper things. Joseph Smith and all of the other prophets are wonderful examples of how to be an annoyer to Satan and his plans. Each of us can be annoyers as we work to become more like our Savior. I thought a lot about Joseph Smith and how he was this disturber and here are just a few examples I thought of.

  • He sought God's will and only God's will
  • He had diligent scripture study and prayer
  • He stood up for the beliefs he had
  • He brought the restored gospel to hundreds!
  • He brought others closer to Christ
In simple ways he thwarted the plans of Satan. It also reminds me of a scripture found in the Book of Mormon. It is talking about the prophet Moroni and the man he was.
"Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."
We can thwart the plans and designs of Satan and have fun while doing it! Let us each become disturbers, annoyers and hell shakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment