Friday, January 31, 2014

Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman.....

http://media.ldscdn.org/images/media-library/seasons/winter/snowman-828872-gallery.jpgOk so this post will have nothing to do with snowman! Awkward! But I did catch your attention. When I was a little girl, I loved singing that song. I would rock out to it as I danced beautifully! It made me so happy to imitate a snowman. Something so small really did make me so cheerful. I love how little children naturally find joy in almost every situation. Whether it is ending up covered in their dinner or demanding to have every blanket in the house wrapped around them at bedtime, they find the little ways that bring them joy. We must do the same! We must decide to be happy. Now. Not in a year or in a month. Now! And we must decide to allow ourselves to be happy.
I love when Elder Holland said, "We should honor the Savior’s declaration to “be of good cheer." (Indeed, it seems to me we may be more guilty of breaking that commandment than almost any other!)" (The Tongue of Angels) What an incredible commandment we have to be of good cheer! Our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ did not spend time, talents, power and love to create a world and us to just be miserable. They created it for the ultimate joy and happiness to be given to us.
However, it is a choice. We must choose to look at the positives and blessings of our lives. We must count our blessings as the hymn says. I would like to take some time and list just a few things that help me to choose happiness.
  • My dearest niece who I love and cherish! She makes me so so so happy!
  • My support and love from my family! They help me to choose to be happy!
  • Chocolate... Enough said
  • Singing out loud in front of the world (preferably in the rain while dancing)
  • Seeing someone recognize that God and Christ love them
  • Music that is fun and helps me think of my Savior
  • Counting to 10 when I am learning lessons in patience
  • Crawling into a warm bed and falling asleep instantly
  • Laughing with friends at the odd circumstances we are in
All of these things help me to choose to be happy! What makes you happy?


No comments:

Post a Comment