Saturday, January 11, 2014

Communication with the Almighty!

http://www.lds.org/media-library/images/prayer?lang=eng&start=31&end=40#hands-scriptures-917457Prayer. What a gift! The All Powerful, All Knowing, Miraculous Maker of the Universe commands us, miniscule creatures, to talk to Him... Daily! Now why in the world would He do that?! Well that answer come from knowing who we are and our relationship to God. He is our Father. The Father of our Spirits, who knows and loves us perfectly. The Bible Dictionary tell us, "As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are His children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part." So prayer is really a way to talk to our Father.

My Dad!
I remember when I went away to college my dad would have killed me if I didn't call him AT LEAST once a day! After all I was his little girl! In the same way we are God's children and He hates being away from us. He knew that we needed this time away to learn and grow but He still wants to hear from us daily! Now that is what I call love.
The hardest thing about prayer is what Moroni says is praying with a sincere heart and real intent, having faith in Christ. (Moroni 10:4) We must pray in such a way that we are really seeking for a relationship with God and that we will do whatever He tells us to. If we ask for an answer and then won't act upon that answer, He won't give it to us. We must be willing to follow His guidance. That for me has been one of the hardest things to do. Let me share an experience.
Recently I have had to ponder where I need to apply for college. I have truly sought for the answer from Heavenly Father and received my answer! I immediately applied for school and we will see how it goes! In contrast when I was applying for school when I was in high school I was set on going to a certain university. While I asked for guidance, I was not willing to change my answer so Heavenly Father allowed me to decide where to go. While I loved that university and the experience was necessary, I now recognize that that was a decision made on my own and not through the spirit.
I know that prayer is the way we can speak to our Father in Heaven, receive answers and peace, and a commandment to build a relationship with Him. When we pray we are getting to know God and in turn He can show how much he knows and loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment