Thursday, January 16, 2014

The B Word.... Baptism!





http://www.lds.org/media-library/images/gospel-art/new-testament?lang=eng#john-baptizes-christ-39544As a Christian I am very familiar with the story of Christ's baptism. He sought out John the Baptist and He was baptized to "fulfill all righteousness" (Matthew 3:15) I also know that Jesus Christ has commanded us all to be baptized to receive a remission of sins. Today when I was reading in the Pearl of Great Price I was amazed at another account of baptism. The baptism of Adam. Yes, Adam as in Adam and Eve. Even the first man alive was baptized! Christ taught Adam some important truths that make baptism so much more powerful.



 I love the break down of why the water, spirit, and blood are so important. When we are baptized by immersion it is to show our willingness to obey the commandments of God, when we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost we receive the remission of our sins, and when we are cleansed by the power of the Atonement we are then sanctified. It is a process! It takes time and hard work to become the clean disciples of Christ we need to be, but baptism in the first step to receiving all of the blessings God has in store for us.
Elder Robert D Hales, an Apostle for the Lord has said,
I know that as we are baptized with the proper authority and permission from God that we can become sanctified and cleansed. I am grateful for my opportunity to be baptized and to come closer to my Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment