Saturday, January 18, 2014

Become the Miracle!

Throughout the New Testaments we read of the Savior's miracles. He heals the blind, the lame, and the leper. He forgives sins and He brakes the band of death. He allows us to see the miracles that can happen through His love and power. There is another type of miracle that can happen within each of us. We ourselves can become the miracle.

In a very real way, we already are miracles! We have a functioning body that allows us to progress. We have a beating heart that allows us to live and a personality that allows us to have fun! Another miracle that can occur is when we allow the Savior to change our hearts. That is when we become a true disciple of Christ. That is when we allow the power of Christ's love to turn us into miracles!

The Bible dictionary tells us that miracles are "the natural results of the Messiah’s presence among men" As we come closer to the Savoir we naturally become a miracle. We are able to feel His presence and His love. We can begin to trust Christ more fully and have the faith that not only He can change us, but that He wants to. We do this by immersing ourselves in the scriptures, attending church, and prayer. It also requires us to return to Him and repent. We must take those steps to come closer to Him before He can heal us (3 Nephi 9: 13).

Another way that we become a miracle is wanting to be changed. If we are stubborn and set in our ways, He cannot come in and force us to change. I think of when I was a little girl and I had a beautiful flower girl dress. I wore it all the time! I wanted to wear it whenever possible and no matter what I was doing. My mom could not get me to change what I was wearing, even if it was not suitable for certain activities. In a very real way we can apply this to our stubbornness when it comes to sin. Too often we are too stubborn to allow Christ to come and cleanse us and change our hearts.

I know that we can become miracles through our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that if we allow Him, He will say, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you" (Ezekiel 36:26).

To see more of Christ's miracles portrayed visit : The Bible Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment