Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Becoming a Mom??

A couple months ago our mission president asked us if we would each set a vision for ourselves for
the end of our missions. We were to prayerfully set a vision, goal, and plan for how we wanted to to become who God wanted us to become. As I prayed and pondered what kept coming to my mind was that everything I was learning on my mission was preparing me to become a mom. I recognized that this was my goal in life. I just want to become the best mom I could! As I set my vision I realized I had the best examples in my life! My mom, sisters, aunts and grandmas. They have all taught me the ways of becoming wonderful moms. Here are just a few of those examples:
My mom, some of her sisters and my Grandma!

1. My mom was always so supportive of my extracurricular activities. I had hundreds of performances and she came to every one of them! She always helped me to become a better performer and a better student.
2. My mom allowed me to use my agency and grow on my own. I have always been an individual and my mom was the best and teaching by example and then allowing me to discover the truth on my own.
3. Family always came first in my home. No matter what stresses or other problems arise, our family always was the top priority to my mom.
4. My aunts taught me that it is important to ALWAYS have chocolate on hand! This is key to a happy family.
5. My mom, sister and grandmas have always shown me the importance of hard work.  They have all worked hard to help support their families and to show to their children the importance of it.
6. My sister always made sure my niece had the most fun possible! Whether from painting outside without clothing on, to singing jingle bells to her favorite aunt:)
7. My family has always been the best at sharing their testimonies of the gospel and the blessings that come from it. That has helped me the most to grow my own testimony.

 The Sista's 
There are so many other ways my family has shown me how to become a great mom. One day (in the far far future) I will have the opportunity to hopefully show my future daughter what it is all about too!
I am so grateful that the gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us how to be with our families forever! It allows us to develop lasting family relationships that will last for the eternities. Without my family I would be a disaster! I am so grateful for them!

#familiesareforever #familytheproclamationtotheworld

1 comment: