Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas.. a little late.. oops!

I know this is a little past the Christmas season but lets be real we should be thinking about Christ year round so it works! This year when I was reading the story of Christ's birth I was once again struck by the faithfulness and loyalty of Mary. She was a young woman who was innocent and believed in God. She had no doubt that God could bless her. When the angel Gabriel came to her to tell her she would become the mother of the Son of God her responsive was, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word" (Luke 1: 38). She did not doubt or voice concern, instead she accepted the calling and allowed us to see how we should also accept the will of the Lord. We are all His servants and will forever be indebted to Him. If we understand that we will understand the necessity and the ability we all have to follow the will of the Lord.
I also loved later in the chapter when Mary says "my soul does magnify the Lord" (Luke 1: 46). Mary understood that her actions and her very spirit could magnify our Savior. She could be the example and leader that He needed her to be. And she was just that! I wish I could take just an hour and observe Mary. I would observe how she taught, spoke, thought, and how she worshiped her God. She does exemplify the way we should all magnify our Lord.
I am so grateful for Mary and her faithfulness that allowed her to become the mother of my Savior! I won't lie I am grateful that I did not have such a trial placed upon me. I am grateful for the example she showed to me of how to magnify our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment