Monday, January 27, 2014

I was lied to!!

A couple weeks ago my sister training leader asked me how I would describe my mission in one word. I responded, "Hard." She then went on to describe all the wonderful times we have on our mission, how much they help us grow and how much fun we can have! She asked me again "so now how would you describe your mission?" "HARD!" I responded calmly:) It is true. Missions are hard! So very very hard!
When I would ask others about their missions I always heard the most inspiring and joyful answers. I began to believe that missions were always wonderful and exciting. It never crossed my mind how exhausting and troublesome missions were. I was very much lied to! I also now realize how grateful I am that missions are hard! I would not lean near as much if my mission was easy. It reminds me of a quote by Elder Jeffery R. Holland

For anyone who is venturing off to become a missionary or who is wondering who those missionaries are, just know that being a missionary is hard! But it allows us to come closer to our Savior and to understand just a small piece of His suffering. I love being a missionary and having the opportunity to grow in such a concentrated time frame. I love my Savior and I love His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment