Saturday, January 25, 2014

Nobody said anything about having to jump out of the boat!

Today we had the amazing opportunity to visit with the one and only S. Gifford Nielson. If anyone of you were watching the October general conference then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! might give you a hint to who he is! It was a phenomenal conference and a wonderful opportunity to learn more about my purpose as a missionary. The thing I loved most though was when we were told we needed to get out of the boat! No but really! Our assistants shared a great lesson that I want to share with ya'll.
Do you remember the story of Peter and his ability to walk on water?(Matthew 14:29) I have always loved this story. The elders talked about how Christ commanded the apostles to get in the boat and travel across the waters. It was a good thing to be in the boat and to be traveling in the right direction. The miracle however did not happen until Peter choose to step out of the boat. That act of faith alone is what allowed him to see a miracle. He walked on water! I don't know about you all but I need miracles everyday to keep me going. We need that power of God in our lives. Well this story tells us how to receive it! No I'm not saying you should go jump into the ocean and start walking, but examine where in your life you need miracles and then find the "boat" you can step out of. It really does take that step.

No comments:

Post a Comment