Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Frostbite...

I remember when I was in the Dominican Republic. I remember the nice breeze that would give me a momentary relief from the sun. I remember the heat streaming from the sun. I remember the lazy hours of just laying on the beach. I miss those days. Now I am feeling the ice beat upon me as rain freezes solid. I am feeling the wind chill that penetrates down to the bone. I am now NOT feeling my fingers, toes, cheeks or nose. This winter has been cold and long! It has made me so grateful for the wonderful gift my sister gave me before I left. It is lovingly called Poland. No no not the country but the coat. It is the beautiful invention she bought in Poland that is so perfect for the current weather conditions. It is so warm and throughly insulated. I could not have survived this winter with out this coat. Even if I look a bit like a marshmellow I am still grateful for "Poland."
As I was thinking about the warmth this coat provides, it reminded me of the times in life when our world seems cold. Whether due to trials or circumstances, we all have moments where we are cold and in desperate need for warmth. I am so grateful for the gift that our Savior provided to do just that.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14: 26-27).
Our Savior has given us the ultimate "coat." It comforts in time of need, provides safety from the chills of life and it gives us the peace that can only come from Him. We all have the opportunity to access this gift. It doesn't come to the few and far between, but it is offered to all. How have you felt the Holy Ghost comfort you in trails?

No comments:

Post a Comment