Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Are you ready for the next adventure??

I'm pretty sure we all have our favorite journey story. We have the one about that crazy dog, red shoes, and a yellow brick road. We have the one about the the mermaid that traveled from fins to legs and marriage. We each have our own journey story. One of my favorite journey stories in my life is the time we drove from Boston to Prince Edward Island. It was my sisters, mom, and a family friend. We traveled through bad hotel rooms, missing drivers license and almost didn't travel back into the U.S.
I have also always loved the story in the Book of Mormon of Lehi and his family.Lehi and his family were asked to leave all of their worldly possessions and live in a tent in the wilderness. They were asked to travel back and forth from Jerusalem to the wilderness to get the scriptures and wives. They then traveled to the "promised land." The land that they were promised would bring great blessings to their family. What a trip! They went through so much to get to the promised land. They went through sickness, hunger, thirst, storms on the sea, potential of being killed and so much more. They really struggled through it and they did make it! They made it to the promised land! (1 Nephi 1-18)
Don't we all go through similar experiences. Whether it is an actual travel, or just the travels of everyday life, we are asked to struggle through it. We are promised an ultimate blessing of eternal life if we simply make it through. It is exhausting and it is painful, but it is worth it. I love applying Lehi's journey to my own. Whenever he was commanded of the Lord he followed it! That brought the next instructions of where to go. He also was grateful for the blessings the Lord provided for him. This is how I want to live my life. I will be obedient and grateful.
I am so grateful for the journeys I have gone on. I have seen the best and worst of me as I struggle through this life we live. I am grateful for the times that the Lord provides adventures for me to grow and learn to rely on Him.
How have you seen the journeys in your life strengthen your testimony?


No comments:

Post a Comment