Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I broke it..

Once upon a time there was this timid, non adventurous person. She had finally decided to step outside of her box and take on the most dangerous feat yet in her life. She decided to tackle the . . . playground. To this point she had calmly handled the slide and the swings but she was yet to handle the bar. If you do not know what the bar is that is understandable. It is the single bar that tends to hang from chains. Often children are seen sitting on it or hanging upside down from it. So this young girl decided she would break her concern and fear and sit on that bar. She slowly eased her way onto the bar. She was sitting!! Feeling a bit more confident and brave she attempted the ultimate. . . hanging upside down. As she balanced upside down she was so pleased wither herself! She had conquered her fears!!!
That moment was a joyous encounter in my life. Yes, I was that brave lass. It felt so great to overcome one of my fears. I remember such a feeling of satisfaction and a feeling of being able to accomplish anything! To finish the story above, I did accomplish my feat! Yet, it ended quite upsetting. As I was trying to get back up to the sitting position, I fell. I landed square onto my face. YIKES!! Yes, I now have a crooked nose! It was painful! But, did I get back up onto that bar another day... you betcha!
I firmly believe God allows us to fall at times to really learn what it is like to get back up and try again. We are so much stronger when we learn to brush the dirt off and get back to work. While I gained the confidence from the success, I gained the determination with the fall. We can learn the most as we try to do our best and learn from the falls. This gospel is full of uncomfortable things we need to do and as we do we often fall. The wonderful thing is that God allows us to so we can learn. The ultimate gift is that He does not expect us to do it alone! We will always have our Savior to help us stand back up. What are ways you have learned to rise again?

No comments:

Post a Comment