Friday, March 28, 2014

Is it really just like a fairy tale?

I have always grown up loving disney movies! I love the famous story of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. One of my all time favorites is Hercules! What has always been interesting to me in these older movies is there is a clear cut hero and villain . There is not many of the in between characters. Everyone is either evil or they are good. Now in real life I have often made justifications to allow for the gray area, but is there one?
Yesterday I was reading in the Book of Mormon and came across a scripture that says otherwise.
For I say unto you that whatsoever is good cometh from God, and whatsoever is evil cometh from the devil. (Alma 5:40)
It really is that simple. The things that are good come from God and everything else does not. I remember being told once that it really is all black and white. The only way to get gray is to add a smidgen of black. This makes decisions a lot easier for me. It really is following God or not. So how might we know if things are good and from God you might ask... Well Moroni tells us how!
But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, everything which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God. (Moroni 7:13)
As we make decisions in our life we can remember that everything really is like the fairy tales. There is a hero and He is our Savior. He has shown us the only way to peace and joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment