Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I think......

I remember when I first decided that I was going to go to Southern Utah University. I remember that I was around 15 and we were visiting my sister who lived there. I loved the campus and very much wanted to follow my sister. I then resolved in my mind I would go there and no where else! When I was in high school I also explored the campus while I was in the Shakespeare festival and yet again fell in love with it. I loved that school and I was going there. I had a thought that had become a fixed resolution. I was going to SUU and that is exactly what I did. I loved my experience there and all the wonderful people that I met. It really was amazing. It all came from a simple thought.
Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "If you sow a thought, you reap an action. Sow an action and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny." Wow. That is one powerful thought! It leads to our destiny! This week we were able to have a sisters conference where we discussed this very thing. We focused on the destructive nature of negative thinking and the incredible influence of positive thinking. We can literally sow our destiny! Whether it will be negative or positive, it is up to us! This is proof of the amazing gift of agency.When we take the time to evaluate the present and focus on what is happening right now, we are able to more fully use and appreciate the gift of agency. We do each have the ability to choose positive and to choose happiness.
Of course, the ultimate happiness and positive attitude will come as we follow our Savior Jesus Christ. With His Atonement we can overcome any unfairness or trial and choose to see the joy. With Him we can be masters of our own destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment