Friday, February 28, 2014

The Truth about Chocolate

I love Chocolate! I love the way it melts in my mouth and makes me happy. It can calm any troubled soul and excite the down. It can bring peace and quiet in the hectic home. It can really solve any problem. I remember when we were in Germany and no matter what mood we were in we had chocolate. If we were happy we got a piece of chocolate. If we were angry we got a piece of chocolate. Yup, you guessed it, if we were annoying, patient, cheerful, or sad we got a piece of chocolate! I don't know how I didn't come home 20 pounds heavier but it was a wonderful trip! It really did help us in any situation.
Of course as I thought about this it reminded me of Christ. No matter what situation we are in Christ is there to help. He is there to calm, excite, soften and mold. He is the one we can rely on in times of trial and in times of glory. He is the One. I have recognized too often in my life I have sought Him in the negative side instead of all the time. He really is there to be our guide. He is rejoicing with us and crying with us. We just have to accept His presence always. I am so grateful for His life and love that always surrounds us. One of my favorite scriptures says
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8: 38-39)
Nothing can separate us from the Love of Christ. And nothing will keep Him away from us. I hope to become better at acknowledging His presence and love no matter what mood I am in. I love my Savior!

1 comment:

  1. I also have a testimony of the importance of chocolate :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete