Saturday, February 22, 2014

It's not so bad.. It's not so bad!!!

One of my favorite Hymns is Come Come ye Saints. I always thought it was interesting how the song ends. The phrase All is well is repeated after talking about such things as toil, fear, journey, and even death. The phrase is repeated over and over again. When my sister came home from her mission in Poland, she taught me that when translated that phrase, all is well, come out to be It's not so bad! What an fun change! Instead of everything being well in times of trials it is actually just not so bad. I can handle that. I can think that way. I can change my opinion of knocking of doors for 4 hours from ugh to it's not so bad! This changes any situation. It really is not so bad. I wish I would have applied this lesson earlier on my mission and even in my life. Here are just a few examples.

  • Being dropped from the sky while flying in the part of Wendy... it's not so bad!
  • Not having a car in college . . . it's not so bad!
  • Having over 100 mosquito bites on my legs last summer. . . it's not so bad!
  • Having to have our car jumped 6 times in one day . . .it's not so bad
Of course all of these examples are small ways that we can apply that principle. Being away from home and from family is really not so bad when compared to the joy I can bring to others. So on and so forth! This principle can be applied anywhere. A wonderful quote I heard this weekend was, "The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay" (The Refiner's Fire). No matter what is going on in our life it is not so bad when we remember it is helping us become acquainted to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment