Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'm a GINGER!

Have you ever met a ginger? Have you ever seen a ginger in a stressful situation without any chocolate in their system?? If so, I am sorry. I have been known to throw my own fair share of temper tantrums and I will blame my hair color! This week my sweet companion has been on the receiving end of such explosions and every single time I have been so impressed with her reactions! She has taught me how to really be Christlike in every situation. I wanted to give some examples of how she has treated me in the way Christ would have.

- She instantly apologized for anything that may or may not have been her fault
- She sought to understand the situation from my perspective
- She showed love by wanting to take the time to communicate and really solve the issue
- She accepted my apology without hesitation and she moved on quickly
- She never once reacted back to me only became humble

She has taught me so much! Humility really is key to any relationship and argument. When one or both are humble then the argument can be quickly avoided or dismissed. This is key to all communication skills!
As I read the Book of Mormon this morning I saw the same example in the letters of Moroni and Pahoran. Moroni is upset and angry at Pahoran for not supporting the army. He does not know that Pahoran is dealing with his own civil unrest and is currently fighting for his life! Instead of Pahoran writing back an equally upsetting letter, he responds kindly and complimentary! He gives Moroni the benefit of the doubt and moves forward. (Alma 60-63).
Next time I am having a temper or receiving such I will seek to show the example of my dear companion or Pahoran.

No comments:

Post a Comment